Saturday, August 12, 2017

Newborn Posing and Wrapping Workshop (Brevard County Fl Photographer)

So the amazing thing about Facebook is that there is a community of photographers right in this area that all belong to a group. We work together, share ideas, and refer clients. It's amazing right?! WE all believe in community over competition. So as a newborn photographer in the area I am extremely passionate about the safety of newborns. They are humans. Not dolls and we must always remember that. So some were interested in learning more. I had Marlene come and assist me on a shoot I had that I knew I need an extra set of hands. She was able to learn a few things and I got the help I needed. It worked out great.

It took me back to my banking days. When I worked at the bank I was a trainer for the area. I would train new hires and crosstrained employees. I loved it. One of my favorite parts of the job. Just like with babies, in banking there are things that have to be followed and known in order to be successful and a firm foundation built. I never thought of training people in banking as someone who would take my job. If anything they would make my job easier if they had the proper training.

So the idea of hosting a workshop right here in my town sounded like a good idea. Many times, people forego the training because of costs of locations. Many workshops require a 50 mile no compete radius. Meaning if you live or work within 50 miles of that photographer, they won't teach you. :( So I reached out to the FB group and found out who would be interested. We had enough so we went with it. I contacted Cherie of Cherie Lyn Photography in Downtown Melbourne to use her studio space. It is beautiful by the way. She was so great to open her studio up to us. We had 5 other girls attend and two baby models.

We had a fun 8 hour day of wrapping and posing. We went over safety, workflow and how to maximize a shot to get more out of it. Since her studio had so much natural light we were able to have everyone take turns capturing the babies too. This was great as I know getting the angles is another part of newborn photography. We all learned from one another, shared stories and had a great day. We even had a lunch break too!

Our first model was a sweet little girl and she was perfect. She slept the whole time. The second model was a sweet little boy. He was actually the grandson of one of the attendees. How cool is that? He was a little more alert. This was good because I was able to show them how to handle an alert baby that might not settle as well as the first baby did.  We covered the potato sack pose, the tucked in bed pose, a few lying down poses and the bum up pose. We covered the potato sack wrap. the womb wrap and then the techniques of unwrapping with a purpose to reveal feet and hands.

Here are some of the shots from this workshop. If you are interested in attending a workshop or one-on-one mentoring session, please contact me. I would love to teach you and work with you.






















***newborn workshop, melbourne fl, brevard count, newborn posing workshop, newborn wrapping workshop, photography workshop, newborn workflow, posing, wrapping

No comments:

Post a Comment