Tuesday, December 5, 2017

My Family Photos

Do you ever buy something and wonder if the person who "invented it" or sells it actually uses it? Many times I come across things and wonder this exact thought. If they used it surely they would improve it. For instance BBQ sauce that I love comes in a glass flask like bottle. Looks cool on the shelf and for visual purposes but getting the BBQ sauce out is a whole 'nother story. The opening is too small, the BBQ sauce is thick and sticky and its glass so you can't squeeze it. Anyone else relate?

Well my point to all of this is I must practice what I preach. If I expect you to book sessions with me and hang prints form your wall, then I need to do the same. So Dawn Geraghty photography takes my photos every year. I am the worst client ever. I don't like my picture taken, I have a toddler who is wild, my husband really hates his picture being taken and coordinating my own outfits is a struggle. Do you relate? I am sure you do. But you know what? I need to be present in photos....good quality photos that are not a selfie blurred on my Iphone. So I book a session with a professional.

This helps me become a better photographer as I can relate to you more when I am also doing it and going through it. Plus I am able to shed light on how to handle that wild child, give you tips on not dressing them until you reach the session and encourage you to enjoy the moment while I capture your beautiful family in the moment.

And that is what Dawn did. I had small expectations (honestly) not because of her but because of me. Again I am a bad client. I really just wanted silhouettes so you didn't even see what we were wearing or our faces....is that bad? Well I am glad she didn't listen to me, because she got some amazing photos I was able to FINALLY create the gallery wall in my home. It also allowed me to be bold and get large images that I would've otherwise been scared to buy. (I bet you can relate to that too).

Next year, as I work alongside my clients ever more, this is going to be an option to help you do the same. (still working out the tweaks) But we are going to take the actual space in your home and show you want the images will look like right there. Takes the guess work out of buy and putting random holes in the wall. It helped me so much and look how amazing my wall looks now!








 These are the two designs I had to choose between. It was so much easier having it digital and then making changes. Helped me so much more!

Final Design on the wall
*** Family photographer, family photos, printed images, printed photos, gallery wall, wall gallery, photo wall gallery,

No comments:

Post a Comment