Sunday, March 26, 2017

Newborn Workshop {Brevard County Newborn Photographer}

When I decided I wanted to photograph newborns, I knew I needed the right training. I was posing a tiny human and wanted to ensure their safety was my number one priority. So I went in search of a workshop. I found Cherise Kiel out of Arizona. She taught workshops and had one in Jacksonville Fl. This was about 2 years ago. I loved every second of the workshop and learned so much. There was so much information discussed it was overwhelming in a good way.

Fast forward to this past week. As an artist and a business owner I am always looking to grow in multiple ways. I want to push myself to work harder, to learn more and to accomplish big things. So I wanted to brush up once again on some of my newborn knowledge. After all knowledge is power. So when I heard Cherise was coming back to FL, I jumped at the opportunity for a workshop with her again. My sister and fellow photographer, Dawn and I went together for a day filled with fun and lots of learning.

This was exactly what I needed. The first time was great but it was so much information, there was no way I could absorb it all. So this was like a refresher course to fill the gaps where my memory failed me. It was a one day workshop and we had two adorable models. These babies were so cute but they were a little fussy. While Cherise didn't appreciate it, myself and the other attendees did because we got to see how she handled these babies and didn't let an upset baby ruin the session and had other options to complete the session.

If you are looking for a newborn photographer, I strongly urge you to check to see what type of training they have had. Babies are tough yet fragile at the same time. I invest in the time to learn from the pros and get the proper training I need to safely handle your baby. No pose is worth harming your child for my lack of knowledge. I would never aim to put your baby in harms way and to ensure that, I continue to grow in my trade by learning and training often.






 

If you are a photographer and you are looking for newborn workshops, I highly suggest Cherise. She is AWESOME. She too is always growing in her craft and just amazes me with her skills. She is an open book and will answer any question you have. Follow her along on her FaceBook page Cherise Kiel Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment