Saturday, February 24, 2018

Mentor Models {Newborn Mentor Photographer}

Newborn photography is an art and a skill combined together to create beautiful priceless memories. I have had the pleasure of taking several in person workshops and continue with online learning. I want to stay on top of the latest trends, baby safety and new poses. I have been doing this for over 4 years now. I am not perfect but I am passionate about my craft and I love teaching others to perfect their craft as well. So when I opened my studio space, one of my goals was to teach others. I want to be able to teach workshops (a group of students) and mentor sessions (1 on 1 or 2 to 1). I always feel that when we are all on the same page, we not only help our clients, but we help the photography community.

I had my first mentor session with Dawn Geraghty, yes she's my sister but she is also a photographer in the Sanford area. She wanted to have a more hands on approach than some of her workshops provided and way more than online learning will ever provide. So we planned a mentor session.

During the session we had two babies come to the studio and model for us. These babies did so good to. The first baby I wrapped and posed and walked Dawn through my process, workflow and posing. In addition we discussed angles when photographing and lighting. The second baby Dawn had more hands on and did a majority of the posing and wrapping. This allowed for her to immediately take the information I taught her and apply it. In addition to having me right there to help perfect and guide her. Let's face it we can't always look at a posing card and pause to verify we have everything correct. We are working with babies, not dolls. ;)

Dawn did great. She felt like she got a better sense of angles and learned a workflow that would give her more confidence in getting babies swaddled and captured at the start of the session.

I always tell photographers, you have to do what works for you. You have to find your groove and style. We can't be like the other people, we have to be ourselves. And that is what I have done for me. I found what works for me, what I can be successful with and continue to push myself to do just that.

I love teaching. If you are interested in learning more, please reach out to me. I would love to chat with you. Here's highlights from the mentor session. These were some happy babies based off their expressions.

















**** Newborn session, newborn photography, newborn baby, newborn photographer, Brevard newborn photographer, space coast newborn photographer, Melbourne fl newborn photographer, palm bay newborn photographer, palm bay newborn studio, Sebastian newborn photographer, vero beach newborn photographer, Brevard newborn photography studio, Melbourne newborn studio, Viera newborn photographer, merit island newborn photographer, rockledge newborn photographer, newborn poses, newborn workflow, newborn wrapping, newborn babies, baby photos, baby photographer, baby whisperer, baby snuggler, prop shots, family shots,

No comments:

Post a Comment