Saturday, March 28, 2015

Welcome little Sydney

The other day I got to meet little Sydney. I was excited and nervous to meet her all at the same time. Laura her mommy is really good friends with one of my long standing clients Brandi. She came as a referral (I LOVE referrals by the way). So Laura and I talked via email and text to set everything up. I always get nervous when I photograph new people. The nervousness goes away but the time leading up for whatever reason makes me get giddy inside. Luckily for me, I don't think Sydney picked up on it one bit. :)

One of the things I love most about newborn sessions is preserving this intimate time for their families. They will never be this small again. They will never squish into these positions again and they will never look this way again. Many times moms and dads are so overwhelmed with becoming a new mom and dad, figuring out schedules, adjusting to sleeplessness and day to day activities that they blink and this moment is gone. BUT a photograph freezes this moment in time for them and gives them priceless memories to cherish forever. They will be able to look back on these images for years to come and a memory will be sparked in their mind and heart that will bring them back to this time.

Sydney, came into the world on March 13th, 2015. She weighed 6lbs 10oz and was 19.5 inches long. I got to meet her about a week later at the ripe age of just 8 days! She was every bit precious and perfect. Her name was chosen by both her mom and dad as a name they both liked. I always think it is neat to learn about how a name is chosen for a child. I can't imagine it is an easy decision.

Her parents, Laura and James both met while in college. They both studied Marine Biology. So when her mommy told me that I was excited to plan for her setup. I knew we would have to incorporate a little sea-life somewhere. Laura also pulled out an afghan that her grandmother made for Sydney. It is always neat to capture photos like that as they display a lot of history and meaning.

Sydney's grandma and Aunt (Laura's mom and sister) were also still in town for the session so we were able to capture a few generational shots. I always love to see moms look at their daughters as they become moms. Such a special time for everyone.



















No comments:

Post a Comment