Thursday, February 2, 2017

Time to upload January Photos!

Well today is February 2nd...how is that possible? That means we need to start working on our 2017 yearbooks to stay on track and stay ahead. You will want to go to mixbook to start. Feel free to use another company, I just found this one to be the best. They have great service, great quality books, awesome prices and their books hold up to 399 pages!

Once you go to mixbook, you will want to select YEAR IN REVIEW under photo books. I like the portrait style but you can choose landscape, square or portrait. You have the option to use their pre-designed books or start a blank book. I like starting the pre-made ones because it helps get my creativity going and kind of helps keep the same theme throughout so I don't go crazy with different themes. It keeps it all tied together from January until December.
Here's a screen shot of the Year in Review books.



I have done the Family Yearbook, the Kraft Year in review and a Year to Remember. This year I am going with a Year in Review. I will do a lot of tweaking to it but overall it fit my style the best.

Once you get the one you want, start your project and you will be taken to the upload screen:



I have found the best way to upload your photos is first copy them from your phone to your computer. Create a folder call cell phone pics and the month. Then go through those images and pick out your favorites. I then copy my favorites into another folder called YEARBOOK 2017. This way all my yearbook images are in one location. Makes it easier to transfer. Then I upload to Mixbook and start creating.

Your images will load on the left.  I suggest using the hide used images button while you work on it so images don't show up twice in your book. Then you see from the existing layouts I just drag a photo over to the space and adjust it to meet my needs.

Along the top left are the layout options if you want to change, background choices and stickers. At the bottom right there is a zoom feature to see a page up close and a spot to add more pages. Chances are you will add more pages if you are anything like me.


Don't forget to SAVE your work so you can come back later and work on it and update it each month! Good luck. Let me know how it goes for you!

****Mixbook is not paying me to promote their products. I fell in love with their books, their service and their quality and just want to share the goodness with you. They are the best books for price, size and quality I have found. ****

No comments:

Post a Comment