Friday, August 29, 2014

Up to speed

Well 2014 started off slower than I had expected. I went in for arm surgery in December. Hoping it was quick and simple and I would be behind the camera lickity-split; unfortunately not the case. I was out of commission for over 6 weeks! UGH. No camera, no photography almost makes me sick. What else does one do with their time?? I would try to hold the camera but it was way too heavy and my arm was way weak. So I had no choice to let it heal. Thankfully once it did I as back in the saddle. :) I had some spring mini sessions. They were adorable as we had baby "chicks" for the kiddos to play with. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to do it again next year. In April I got to meet Jeff and Crystal. They are the cutest couple ever and boy can they make you sweat during a workout! We had a lot of fun on their shoot and the wedding in May was even better!
In May, my life was changed! I attended a workshop. It was the best investment I have made yet. I learned the art of posing newborns....safety is key. (Please choose a photographer who understands this and is trained. Cheaper is not always better here.) I also learned the business side of photography. But most importantly I learned I can do this! I finally got the motivation I needed. So I've been doing a lot of behind the scenes stuff to get ready to go FULL TIME! I cannot wait. I hope you will continue to join me. Here are some of the shots from that workshop:
The last few months have been busy. Thank you so much. I love being busy. I love capturing people's and I love taking a moment in time and making it a memory that will last forever! So here are some of the things I've been busy with these last few months! A little bit of this and that but a whole lot of wonderful moments!
and that my friends is where we are now. Hopefully the blog will stay up to date going forward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment