Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Infertility Awareness.....Silent and Unknown Struggles

It has been so wonderful to see these blog posts helping other ladies in their journey. So many people are sharing these blogs and their friends are commenting on them with their own stories. It has truly been a rewarding project knowing we have spread awareness and shed light.

A lot of times women suffer in silent. Their struggles are not known to us or anyone else. They struggle in silent and sometimes they appear to be the strongest people we know.We all deal differently and we all approach out journey differently. The key part is that there is no correct way to deal with these topics. There is no right way to grieve. There is no right way to deal with floods of emotions when someone else shares pregnancy joys and you are struggling.

Always know you do not have to do it alone.


 Meet Hadley and Ivy

Hadley and her husband began trying for a child. After about eight months they would learn that she was pregnant but lost the baby at the same time. She never knew she was pregnant since it was around 6 weeks gestation. In fact many miscarriages early on like this are not even known and are extremely common. In addition to learning this news, Hadley was also told that she probably couldn't conceive easily or carry a baby naturally due to a blood clotting disorder. Six months later she became pregnant again. She had a smooth pregnancy and her sweet little girl Ivy. Despite the ease of getting pregnant again and having a smooth pregnancy she still faces challenges in her journey. The hardest part has been learning it doesn’t always go as planned. Since having Ivy I’ve struggled with being disconnected from her, my husband, and even myself. Sometimes my thoughts get the best of me. And I struggle with thinking am I doing this right, or what can I do to be better. I have become more self conscious. My sense of confidence has become very blurred and I have often found my self over thinking little things. My biggest support has been AJ. He has kept me on track and taken initiative to step up and be my biggest fan when I need it most.
In fact in a world where mom guilt is so thick I love what she says: We should all be there for each other, because everyone is struggling with their own things. It can be the smallest thing or the biggest thing but everyone has a thing.


Meet Shannon

Shannon came out to the shoot after her friend shared the project with her. Shannon is waiting for the arrival of her second baby. When talking with Shannon it was neat to see her view of her journey. Shannon's first daughter is 5 years old. She had no issue conceiving her. When it came time for number too it took longer than expected which was hard some days for Shannon. I asked her if she struggled with infertility to which she replied: We weren’t preventing it if we did get pregnant but we also weren’t hard core trying to conceive. I’ve never knew my ovulation schedule until recently I really started tracking it before getting pregnant this second time. I never thought of it as infertility. I honestly thought that God didn’t think I was good enough to raise a second child 🤷‍♀️ as much as I wanted another one I was just in a dark place.  Yet despite her struggle in silent she shared this touching thought: God’s plan is so much better than what we think our life should look like. I’m extremely blessed for this new baby. My daughter being older is able to experience this whole pregnancy with me. She’s super excited for her brothers arrival and will be the best big sister. I would never have had any of this if my kids were closer in age so I’m grateful for the age gap.





Newborn session, newborn photography, newborn baby, newborn photographer, Brevard newborn photographer, space coast newborn photographer, Melbourne fl newborn photographer, palm bay newborn photographer, palm bay newborn studio, Sebastian newborn photographer, vero beach newborn photographer, Brevard newborn photography studio, Melbourne newborn studio, Viera newborn photographer, merit island newborn photographer, rockledge newborn photographer, newborn poses, newborn workflow, newborn wrapping, newborn babies, baby photos, baby photographer, baby whisperer, baby snuggler, prop shots, family shots,

Maternity photos, maternity images, maternity poses, maternity gowns, maternity photography, maternity photographer, beach maternity session, palm bay maternity photographer, space coast maternity photographer, Brevard county maternity photographer, mom to be, pregnancy photos, beach maternity photos, beach maternity sessions, beach pregnancy photos, outdoor maternity session, outdoor maternity images, outdoor maternity photos

Children photos, children photography, children milestone, 3years old, one year old, cake smash photos, birthday photos, celebrate, palm bay child photographer, Melbourne children photographer, space coast children photographer, palm bay photo studio, Brevard children photographer, Sebastian children photographer, vero beach children photographer, kids pictures, kid photos

Family photographer, family photos, beach family photos, family beach photos, Melbourne family photographer, Brevard county family photographer, space coast family photographer, palm bay family photographer, Viera family photographer, family pictures, family session,

Newborn workshop, newborn mentoring, newborn posing workshop, newborn workflow workshop, mentoring newborn session, teaching newborn poses
   infertility, infertility awareness, pregnancy and infant loss, pregnancy loss, 1 in 4, 1 in 8, 1 in 100, you are not alone, pregnancy IVF, PCOS, IVF

No comments:

Post a Comment